How to Be a Great Leader During a Whiteboard Presentation
Make the most out of planning or collaboration meetings with a little advance planning and smart use of a whiteboard.
Rex Hammock, in his series on effective whiteboard use, offers the following basic tips on how to lead a meeting to get the best outcome.
“A meeting’s success is determined before it begins,” he says. So make sure these basic steps have been taken:
- Determine a specific goal or outcome and share those goals with participants in advance.
- Make sure all participants get a meeting agenda at least 24 hours in advance.
- Let participants know what will be expected of them during the meeting.
- Use 3×5 cards to prepare meeting content, and to plan use of the whiteboard for displaying the content.
- Practice drawing any images if they are to be part of the whiteboard presentation.
- Organize the whiteboard into blocks that can be easily photographed with a smartphone.
Read more of Hammock’s advice on how to be a good leader during a whiteboard presentation.